Associate Creative Director
Birmingham, Ala.– based blr | further is looking for an Associate Creative Director who has serious concepting and copywriting skills. We’re looking to you to be a leader in the pursuit of great creative born from a commitment to strategy, creative process and client brand. We’re looking for someone is who is a copywriter at their core, who has honed a senior-level skill set. Candidates MUST have Ad Agency experience in uncovering and creating compelling copy and concepts for consumer and b2b brands in a variety of industries.
The ACD will have management duties, and must be able to build camaraderie and a team approach. You need to be a good mentor and a good liaison between creative and account service. And we’ll still need you to work your magic as a writer. The ACD will be accountable for delivering outstanding results through their understanding and expertise of the defined strategy, creative process and client brand.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 6-10 years of experience in an Advertising Agency is a MUST.
• Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or equivalent creative advertising background.
• Must have a proven track record of writing and developing successful ad campaigns.
• Exceptional writing skills. You must be able to write in a range of styles for various media with diverse target audiences.
• The ability to work on several different kinds of projects at the same time.
• Excellent communication skills and selling ability is a plus.
• The ability to deliver fast, but disciplined, creative thinking with attention to detail.
• A working knowledge of graphic design and the interaction between copy and visual components.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and time constraints, must possess a strong detail-orientation and solid organizational skills, and must possess a strong team-orientation.
• Help build and manage a creative team.
• Create a collaborative work environment.
• Mentor and help others create their best work.
• Be a champion for creative while pursuing a great relationship with account service and other agency departments.
• Write. This includes writing effective and compelling broadcast, print, outdoor, digital, collateral, email and social, etc.
• Work with art directors to ensure that the tone and style of the copy are consistent with the visual tone and style.
• Work with the account, strategic planning and creative teams to understand the industry, trends, competitors, business objectives and key audiences for our clients.
• Represent creative in client meetings. Be part of the new business presentation team.
• Oversee creative development process.
• Advise and assist in setting expectations for creative deliverables and timelines to ensure client deadlines are met.
• Maintain high internal quality standards, managing project time lines, ensuring consistency of strategic branding, etc.
• Be accurate, insightful, innovative, memorable, passionate, and get the reader to take action. Do this by conducting brand/service/product research when needed, applying consistent style and messaging, understanding style and referencing usage, applying appropriate mandatory requirements, etc.
• Take personal responsibility to do your job well, under tight deadlines, and help clients exceed their business goals.
Benefits: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee health and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick days, and a Mass Mutual 401(k) plan.
blr | further is an integrated marketing communications firm providing strategic planning, advertising, digital content and development, public relations and social media services for $355 million to $4.1 billion healthcare brands across the country.
We’re 29 years old and represent more than 17 different clients, including Bellin Health in Green Bay, BJC HealthCare in St. Louis, MEDHOST in Nashville, Oakstone Publishing, Southern Research and Transdermal Therapeutics in Birmingham, and St. Bernards Healthcare in Jonesboro, Arkansas. We're part of Eastport Holdings in Memphis –– a fast-growing holding company overseeing eight advertising and media firms across the country. For more information about blr | further, visit blrfurther.com. For more information about AdStaff Media, visit adstaffmedia.com
blr | further and AdStaff Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.