Senior Art Director
Birmingham, Ala.–based blr | further has an immediate opening for a senior art director.
The senior art director would be responsible for overseeing the creation and production of digital and traditional design solutions for assigned healthcare, restaurant, education and other consumer accounts.
He/she would follow the direction of the CEO, creative director and the account team and help set the high standards for all digital and traditional creative work. This person would represent creative talent before internal account leaders and clients and would be responsible and accountable for building and maintaining a reputation for producing award-winning creative that exceeds client expectations.
- - Monitors overall creative quality
- - Mentors and helps lead creative staff in association with the creative director and CEO.
- - Reviews and critiques all projects to maintain consistent quality and award winning work.
- - Manages internal details of assigned projects, including choosing production crews and photographers and coordinating with production and account teams.
- - Translates creative direction into conceptual ideas.
- - Participates in new-business development efforts.
- - Bachelor's degree, or higher, in fine arts or graphic design.
- - Minimum 5-7 years experience at a top agency.
- - Established expertise in advertising, collateral, identity, digital design, direct marketing and e-marketing.
- - Strong people-management and mentoring skills to provide clear creative direction, and motivate and inspire creative teams.
- - Proven expertise in developing creative solutions for a wide range of clients.
- - Proven experience in all the steps required in the creative development process, including effectively staffing projects, and providing clear creative direction.
- - Provide timely and helpful mentoring to other creative talent.
- - Produce all work effectively in accordance with tight deadlines.
Skills and Abilities:
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills
- - Excellent presentation skills
- - Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills
- - Ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience.
Benefits: Blue Cross/Blue Shield, paid vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan
blr | further is a marketing communications firm providing strategic planning, advertising, digital, public relations and social media services for $155 million to $4 billion consumer brands across the country. We’re a fun place to work, and we’ve built one of the coolest offices you’ve ever seen.
We’re 28 years old and represent nearly 30 brands, including BJC HealthCare in St. Louis, one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States; UAB Hospital, the third largest public hospital in the U.S.; the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Bellin Health Systems in Green Bay, St. Bernards Healthcare in Jonesboro, Ark., and 332 SUBWAY® Restaurants in Alabama, Florida and Georgia.
blr is an Equal Opportunity Employer.