Birmingham, AL– based blr | further is looking for a full-time senior copywriter who can uncover and create compelling stories behind our consumer brands and motivate people to buy.
The senior copywriter is responsible for conceptual development and copy for TV and radio spots, websites, apps, web banners, outdoor boards, brochures, etc., for a diverse client list including healthcare, education and restaurant brands.
• Work with the account and creative team to understand business objectives and audience demographics.
• Collaborate with the creative team to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding campaigns.
• Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy.
• Work with art directors to ensure that the tone and style of the copy are consistent with the visual tone and style.
• Maintain the highest standards of copywriting and quality control.
• Be accurate, insightful, innovative, memorable, passionate, and get the reader to take action.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Five or more years of experience as a copywriter in an ad agency.
• An ingrained understanding of marketing and advertising.
• Exceptional writing skills. You must be able to write in a range of styles for various media with diverse target audiences.
• Expert at strategic campaign development and creative execution.
• The ability to work on several different kinds of projects at the same time.
• The ability to deliver fast, but disciplined, creative thinking with attention to detail.
• A working knowledge of graphic design and the interaction between copy and visual components.
Benefits: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee health and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick days, and a Mass Mutual 401(k) plan.
blr | further is an integrated marketing communications firm providing strategic planning, advertising, digital content and development, public relations and social media services for $355 million to $4.1 billion healthcare brands across the country.
We’re 29 years old and represent more than 17 different clients, including Bellin Health in Green Bay, BJC HealthCare in St. Louis, MEDHOST in Nashville, Oakstone Publishing, Southern Research and Transdermal Therapeutics in Birmingham, and St. Bernards Healthcare in Jonesboro, Arkansas. We're part of Eastport Holdings in Memphis –– a fast-growing holding company overseeing eight advertising and media firms across the country. For more information about blr | further, visit blrfurther.com. For more information about AdStaff Media, visit adstaffmedia.com
blr | further and AdStaff Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.